Cake smash sessions (My absolute favorite!!!)
What to expect: A cake smash session is such a fun way to celebrate your child’s important milestone.
We usually start with a family portrait and siblings’ shots, then we take some shots of your baby alone, we do a “O.N.E” collage and then we bring out a cake. That’s when the fun part starts! It’s also possible to add a bubble bath after the cake smash at an extra cost.
Decorations: I have a big choice of decorative items for any type of cake smash! If you have a specific theme in mind, that’s great! (I like challenges!) Just give me a heads up so we could discuss and work on a setup together!
Duration: a cake smash session lasts for some time between 25 and 60 min. I never stop my sessions just because the time is over. I stop a session when a child has had enough:) or if we’ve got enough gorgeous shots.
Tips and tricks:
• Schedule your cake smash session before your 1-year vaccine! A lot of babies come after and they get terrified as they think I'm a doctor
• I recommend having a cake smash session first thing in the morning!!! You never know how an afternoon nap goes and what mood the baby wakes up in. We don't want to take chances.
• When ordering a cake, let your baker know it's for a cake smash, so they avoid using strong colorants that do not wash off
• Bring a towel, shampoo/soap / wipes to clean your baby after the session as well as a change of clothes
• Be prepared to your baby not wanting to smash the cake. Yes, some babies do not like getting their hands dirty or they might not like the taste of the cake. Be reassured we will have fun anyways!!!